Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year - Set Your Goals Now

I think that 2007 is going to be a great year. There are several reasons I believe this:

1. I am having a good hair day today...a good hair day is always the start of something good.
2. I am fortunate to be married to the most wonderful man, Jonathan, who makes me happy every day
3. I have fabulous friends like Stephanie and Hope
4. I have wonderful resume clients
5. I am in good health (knock on wood)
6. I asked the Magic 8 Ball if it's going to be a good year and it said, "Yes"

I am going to set some New Years goals but I don't know yet if I will list them in this blog. Every year I set goals rather than making resolutions. I find that creating a list of things I am working toward is more effective for me than a list of things I resolve to do or not do. Several years ago I read an article that said that people who write down their goals are much more likely to reach them than people who don't. I tried it one year and it really worked. I didn't do that in 2006 which, I think, was a big mistake. But in 2007 I am going to write a list of goals and place it someplace that I will see it every day. Try it...it really works.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Great Advice - I took it.