Monday, January 8, 2007

Liz's Picks for the 2006 Pufatufnik Awards

(The Coveted Pufatufnik Award Statuette that all of our winners will take home)

Best wannabe-lame-Pufatufnik-like Performance in a Motion Picture:

This one is a no-brainer, has there ever been a lamer “actress” than Jessica Simpson? I think she should win for her sad showing in Dukes of Hazard but, really, you could substitute any movie she has ever been in. I think her IQ is about 40. After she walks away with her award the casting director who hired her should be taken outside and beaten severely.

Best Liz-like-Pufatufnik Performance in a Motion Picture:

Hands down, Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada simply because Meryl Streep rocks every time. She stole every scene because she is just so freaking fantastic! And were her clothes unreal? I would consider selling my soul for a crack at the closet at the fashion magazine Meryl worked for in the movie.

Best Hope-like-Pufatufnik Performance in a Motion Picture:

Well, in thinking about a “Hope-like” performance I had to think long and hard. Hope is a homebody and, I think, so is Jennifer Aniston in The Break-Up. Also they both have great hair and a great sense of humor. And they both lust after Vince Vaughn. The difference is that Vince didn’t have to get a restraining order to break up with Jennifer. Oops Hope…was that private? Should I not have told anyone?

Best Stephanie-like-Pufatufnik Performance in a Motion Picture:

This category is very tough to call. I think it’s a toss-up between the beautiful redhead Bryce Dallas Howard in Lady in the Water and the Malamute loving Moon Bloodgood in Eight Below. But the truth is that Stephanie doesn’t have the energy to swim all the time like Bryce Dallas Howard did….she needs a lot of naps with her Malamute Molly. So, (drum roll please) the winner is Moon Bloodgood!

Best Awesome Pufatufnik in a Motion Picture:

Cate Blanchett is awesome every time in every movie. She is our generation’s Meryl Streep. She is a chameleon who is completely believable in every role she takes. There just is no comparison to anyone else. She is having a great year because of her kisses with Brad and George. I want to be Cate Blanchett so I can kiss Brad and George and I would need many many takes to get it right!

Best Breakout Performance by a Pufatufnik in a Blog:

I think there is a clear winner here: Stephanie for It's Okay to Sell Gifts on Ebay. First of all that piece was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Also, it gave me some great gift ideas for Christmas gifts for my fellow Pufatufniks. So, step right up and accept your award Steph….it’s the little balloon man at the top of this post. You had better not try to sell it on Ebay either.

I also would like to respectfully suggest a new category:

Best Shirtless Performance By A Man In A Motion Picture

There really is only one nominee because there is only one man who is truly worthy of this esteemed prize. Can you guess who? I will give you one guess: he is photographed everywhere without his shirt on. I hear he loves to run around naked which is pretty much the best news I have heard all year. Drum roll…….the winner is:


The one and only Matthew Mcconaughey

Yes, I realize that I didn’t even nominate him for any specific performance in a movie. Do I really have to? Didn’t you see Sahara? What about Two for the Money? I don’t even know what those movies are about except that he takes his shirt off a LOT in both of them and that is my sole reason for watching those movies continuously. In fact, I think its about time for another dose of Sahara right now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a brilliant reviewer. Maybe you would like to join me and Roeper on our show sometime?

Anonymous said...

Liz, thanks for the nomination. I never really felt appreciated as an actor until now. I hear you live in Austin...would you like to run away with me?

Steph said...

Isn't Roeper dead?

Liz said...

No, Roeper isn't dead...Roeper is a very young guy. You are thinking of Gene Siskel, Roger Ebert's long-time partner. He died of brain cancer a few years ago. That is what happens to people who use their brains too much...lets not make that mistake.

Steph said...

Oh, yeah that's right . . . I forget, sometimes I use my brain so much and so well that it just shuts off.

Hope said...

While I do think Matthew McConaughey may be one of the hottest men that ever lived I am put off by the fact that he does not use deoderant (as disclosed in People Magazine). I have a big issue with people smelling in general and would have hard time dealing with this. However, it is possible that when in the presence of a man so amazing to look at and I am sure touch the less important senses, like smell, are dulled.

Liz said...

Hope you are right about the deodorant. I dont want to smell him or even come within 15 feet of him...i just want to admire his beauty from afar. i have heard him interviewed before and lets just say that I am not sure I would be all that interested in a conversation with him. But looking at him in the movies is a beautiful thing.