Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Want to Go to the Beach

Barbuda

While playing with Google Earth today I visited several beaches which reminds me that I would like to go visit one sometime soon. Maybe later this year........

I really want to visit Barbuda one day. I actually went there one time while on a sailing trip but I didn't get to go ashore. We sailed from Antigua to Barbuda and then to St. Barth's and we ended up in Anguilla. Great trip. We left Antigua around lunchtime and sailed about 6 or 7 hours to Barbuda where we were going to spend the night. The problem was that Barbuda is surrounded by about 200 coral reefs and our captain didn't want to get any closer than about 100 yards from the island because he was worried about tearing up the bottom of the boat. We spent the night on the boat before heading off for our 12 hour sail to St. Barth's the next day. I wanted to go ashore so badly because Barbuda is known for its gorgeous pink sand beaches. It's part of the British West Indies and Princess Diana used to vacation there. So one of the things I want to do one of these days is go to Barbuda.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I think this should be a goal for 2007 - you've written it down . . .