Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Hope Joins the Blog

I am so happy to report that after my fabulous friend Liz conferred with her fabulous friend Stephanie, and after fabulous Stephanie had a chance to review my blog tryout submission (which will appear at some point in this blog), they have agreed to allow me to join them as a fellow blog Poster (I think that is what I will be called)! For any of you that are also interested in trying out to be a fellow Poster on this elite blog, I will caution you, the tryouts, albeit somewhat ambiguous, are not for the faint of heart. I found the tryout to be no less than grueling and the wait for a response, beyond excruciating. In my case, I went to law school and have been a lawyer for nearly 9 years so I have learned to handle disappointment quite well and was ready for any adverse consequences that may befall me. As I contemplated my tryout submission, knowing that my future as a potential Poster hung in the balance, I searched my soul (and my office) for the type of content that would live up to the high (and in some cases, low standards) that my fabulous friends Liz and Stephanie have set in this blog. After nearly three minutes of carefully drafting my tryout submission, I e-mailed it off to my fabulous friend Liz who then, as I understand the procedures to be, forwarded it to fabulous Stephanie. After almost five minutes of what I am sure was careful consideration, my fabulous friend Stephanie responded with a hearty, "Excellent tryout--by far the best we've seen!" (I have no idea how many other tryouts they have actually seen but given the reach of this blog, I have no doubt that it has been no less than one or two.) To say I was elated about this response would be an overstatement, but I was quite happy. As I begin to embark on the my first official posting, I remain humbled by the wit, humor and general fabulousness of those who have blogged before me and continue to blog, namely Liz and Stephanie. I will do my best to make them both proud. Feel free to send congratulatory gifts to my office but none of that tacky stuff Stephanie is trying to sell on e-bay.

2 comments:

Liz said...

That is an awesome first post. I was laughing out loud. Be glad that Steph and I decided on the criteria for joining the blog and that we didn't consult Jonathan. Jonathan would have suggested something like a nude tickle fight or maybe jello wrestling. Men are so weird.

Steph said...

Oh dear god . . . I nearly peed my pants reading your post. I cann't speak for Liz, but I am very proud. This post was far better than your fantatic, although only slighly skimmed over, tryout. If all of my junk doesn't sell on ebay, you too may find yourself the proud owner of a butterfly figurine - as a welcome gift.