Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Question of the Day: Why Are Dog Farts Even Nastier Than Human Farts?


(Photo of Rusty looking harmless. Hard to believe that such a nasty smell could come from such a cute dog.)

Today I was sitting on the couch with my trusty dog Rusty lying next to me. Supposedly Rusty was sleeping but now I think he was faking it. Anyway, Rusty let out a silent but deadly fart that literally almost sent me to the hospital. Thank goodness I had an inhaler near the couch. I had to go outside to clear my lungs. I can breathe OK now but I think I may need a skin graft on the arm nearest to his "business end".

I have been around humans who have farted and it can be pretty unpleasant. Even downright nasty. But a dog fart is something else entirely. Dog farts can smell as bad as industrial waste or a refinery. Why is that? Maybe its because they eat cat poop and other things off the ground. It's the only possible explanation I can come up with. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Steph said...

I think your cat poop theory is correct.