Saturday, January 6, 2007

I Love Martinis


I was just reviewing my list of possible blog topics from yesterday and considering which of the thought provoking topics is most blog-worthy today. But then I realized that what I am really most passionate about at the moment is the tasty beverage that I am consuming as I write this post. I am drinking a dry Tito's vodka martini straight up and I love it.

Tito's vodka is made in Austin, Texas, not an area of the world normally associated with premium vodka. http://www.titos-vodka.com/ You have to taste Tito's to believe how good it is. When we moved to Austin two years ago I was strictly a Grey Goose (or maybe Absolute or Kettle One in an emergency) gal. I remember that the first time I tasted Tito's was at a comfort food restaurant called Hoover's here in Austin. I was waiting at the bar for some take out and got to talking to the bartender about vodka. He gave me a taste of Tito's and I was hooked. Tito's has a lovely flavor and smooth finish and I have been drinking Tito's ever since my first taste.

It's smooth, great tasting, and much less expensive than other premium brands. At least in Austin it is. I purchased some Tito's in Chicago and it was pretty much the same price as Stolichnaya or Absolute. If you are hankering for a martini I would recommend that you give Tito's a try. It's delicious and I plan on drinking at least two (well maybe three) of them tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a martini too but every time I drink I beat my wife. Oh well, back to AA.