Friday, January 5, 2007

Liz's Rant: Would it Hurt People to Use Turn Signals?

* I tried to post this last night but something was wrong with Blogger and it wouldn't let me post. It's also not letting me post under my own name right now and I don't know why. Bad bad Blogger. So, obviously, this post refers to events that took place on January 4, 2007.

So, today I was driving all around Austin between meetings, errands, lunch with my fabulous friend Stephanie, and finally to a really fun dinner with "the Band of Bloggers" (that will be a subject for another post). I drove on all kinds of streets today: highways, residential streets, business streets, and not-so-busy streets. My guess is that at least 20 cars which were driving in front of me on the aforementioned streets did not use turn signals before turning.

What is wrong with you people??? I nearly rear-ended at least three cars today. In my opinion the absolute worst turn-signal-offenders are women who are driving huge SUVs while talking on their cell phones. Multi-tasking is not a good thing when you are driving. Not if you want to stay alive that is. I have many more choice words that I could share on this topic but I will refrain for now mainly because Jonathan and I are getting ready to watch tonight's episode of The Office which he Tivo'd for me since I was out to dinner earlier.

No comments: