Thursday, January 18, 2007

Where Oh Where Have My Fabulous Friends Gone?

Where are my fabulous friends Steph and Hope? They are supposed to be my blogging partners but they have disappeared. Well, Steph hasn't disappeared. She has been holed up in her house like everyone else in Austin because of this crazy ice storm we had. You would think that she could just log on to the computer right there in her living room and post some of her random thoughts. When she was questioned about this (by me) she made a lame excuse about how her husband was hogging the computer or the couch or something. I didn't really understand the excuse. All I heard was "blah, blah, blah". I think she had been drinking a lot of bourbon at the time. It was only 10 am. She may have a problem.

I hesitate to bash Hope for not blogging for two reasons: (a) she has a demanding job that requires that she leave her house for up to 14 hours at a time, and (b) I was supposed to stay with her during my planned visit to Chicago that was canceled when my flight couldn't take off because of the Austin ice storm. It's hard to give someone a hard time for not writing about trivia when she has a job that requires that she bill as many hours as possible. Also I feel bad that she was inconvenienced by my canceled trip this week. (You would think that someone at the Austin airport would have thought to order extra de-icer for the planes when they heard that an ice storm was coming through wouldn't you!?!)

So, Hope is off the hook but Steph had better start writing. Or I will come over to your house and steal your TV remote control. Yeah, that's right, Liz is ready to play hardball. Start writing lazybones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since your friends won't hang out with you either do you want to go clubbing with me?

Britney

Jonathan said...

I know from personal experience that there are at least two computers (maybe three!) in her house. Excuse invalidated. Please insert quarter and try again.

Anonymous said...

Britney doesn't wear underpants - would you really want to hang out with her?

By the way, I think you're pretty tough on Steph - she may have a 14 hour a day demanding job too. I'm an actress and my days are always demanding.