Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Response to Comments and Talkback

For those of you who read this blog on a regular or occasional basis you may have noticed that some people comment on the posts. I am not sure if you read the comments (some are very funny) but they are my favorite thing about the blog. I thought I would take this opportunity to respond to some of the comments made on or about this blog.

We got a few more baby name suggestions for Ron & Kathleen (see Feb 12 entry) from Stephanie and Jonathan:

Stephanie writes:
Here are some of my ideas:

Pokolin (I think I already mentioned) - a beautiful combination of our last names.
Naygue - another beautiful combination of our (Liz's & Steph's) married last names.
Leenon - doesn't mean anything, but sounds kind of alien.

Jonathan proposes:

May as well prepare the kid for celebrity and pick your own combo-name! (Brangelina, Bennifer, etc.) I'd go with Rathleen or Kon myself. But you could Roth or Kathlon too.

Our February 12th blog which proposes some awesome baby names to my fabulous friends Ron & Kathleen. Ron replied:

Inventive and interesting names, all. However, even at the risk of being just a little too cute, we probably are going to continue on with our precedent of consonantal alliteration and go with Vivian. (Etymology: Latin, Meaning: Lively)
We definitely don't want one that's on to one of those stupid top ten lists. BTW - Speaking of names, WTF does pufatufniks mean?

Well I have to say that while we proposed some awesome names (my favorite is Jedi) I can see why Ron might bypass our suggestions for a more traditional name. Vivian is a lovely name and one that is less likely than Jedi, Kon, or Leenon (WTF?) to cause the child to receive beatings and ridicule in grammar school.

In response to the February 13 blog which discusses Anna Nicole Smith's death (murder?) alert reader Big Dave pointed out that:

You forgot about the AstroNut Marie Novak

Well Big Dave you are correct that I omitted the Astronut™ from the Anna Nicole murder suspect list. However I didn't forget about the nation's most recognized astronaut (could you pick any other astronaut out of a lineup?), I omitted her because she has an alibi and lacked the means and opportunity to kill the incomparable Ms. Smith. Let me explain:

Marie Novak is, as far as we know, a first-time criminal and a non-celebrity. She personally stalked her presumed romantic rival rather than outsourcing the stalking to a professional, or even to a competent amateur. On Feb 6th Ms. Novak was in the custody of the Florida police. Since that time she has either been in a Florida jail or back in Texas on a $25,000 bond with a court appointed ankle bracelet adorning her leg. Since Anna Nicole met her maker on Feb 8th, Marie couldn't have killed Anna Nicole. Further, I think that it is certain that the Astronut's™ financial resources have been frozen or are at least under scrutiny by the police. Or by her soon-to-be ex-husband who has got to be hating life these days.

How embarrassing would it be to have to admit that your wife is that mental? It's one thing to privately know that you are married to a crazy person but its another thing entirely when it becomes nationally known that she is a diaper wearing, mace carrying, romantically deluded, and socially retarded stalker. And what about her kids? Apparently she has 3 of them, all of whom should just go ahead and pick a therapist because they are going to need therapy and anti-depressants for the foreseeable future.

And finally, I was very excited about the following posts from Steve and Whitney:

Alright, I'm hooked. I've been reading the blog for a while now and have to admit I can't stop visiting. Liz!, you have a quite disturbing view of the world...keep it up.

Whitney says:

Love the blog girls! It provides me great humor at work! Wonder if Jessica has been back to HEB to visit her "friend." Hahahahha!!


We love it when people leave comments on our blog so keep on talking to us. It's always nice to know that someone besides our husbands' reads and is amused by our blog. If you want to suggest topics for us to blog about please do so...we are always open to suggestions.

In the meantime have a wonderful Valentine's Day. For those of you in Chicago I hope that you stay warm that you don't have to drive at all today. I don't miss Chicago's winters but I can't wait to get back to the city during Cubs season.

Oh also, I think Jonathan is excited about his golf trip to San Antonio with Dick, Dave, and Steve in March. Jonathan and I are going to be spending some quality time at the driving range between now and then. I am planning to drive down to San Antonio and see you guys for drinks one night while you are in the Great State of Texas. You really should plan a golf trip to Austin because this place has more than 30 golf courses in the area. Not to mention great BBQ and all the beer you can handle. Oh, did I mention all the hot young chicks that hang out at Lake Austin....

2 comments:

Steph said...

Come on - "Leenon" is a beautiful combination of Ron and Kathleen. Other wonderful permutations include: Kathon, Ronleen or Neelro.

Liz said...

Steph,

How many times do I have to tell you not to smoke crack before 5pm? Jeez. Get off the pipe girl.

Liz