Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Academy Awards Are Today!!


I am so excited because the Academy Awards are tonight. For me, the Oscars are like the Superbowl, the Kentucky Derby, and election night all rolled into one evening. I will start watching red carpet coverage in a couple of hours. One weird thing is that E! TV starts its red carpet coverage at 11 am CST. That means 9 am PST. There is NO ONE on the red carpet at that time. I love the Oscars but interviews with the guys who are rolling out the carpet and the ladies who are bringing in the flowers just doesn't do it for me.

I will start watching the red carpet in a few hours when the D-list celebrities show up and I won't walk away from the TV until they give the last award. I am concerned that this years Oscars may be really dull because there don't seem to be any big surprises in store except maybe the Best Picture winner. I hope there is some kind of huge drama or someone has a seizure on stage to break up the monotony. Of course we can always count on Ryan Seacrest and his flunkies to make a lot of inane comments to the celebrities so that should be entertaining.

No comments: