Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Visiting

Last night Jonathan and I were happy that my fabulous friend Valerie could come stay at our house. Valerie is married to one of my oldest friends (well, he isn't old, but I have known him for more than 30 years), my fabulous friend Todd. Todd and I met in the 3rd grade and have been friends ever since. Well we've mostly been friends.

One time, in the 7th grade Todd wrote a poem (I don't recall why) that made reference to the fact that I had been a bad girl that year and would only receive coal in my stocking from Santa. Naturally I was traumatized by this experience and needed years of therapy and medication to recover. Also, Santa did not bring me any coal at all. I got some very nice gifts and candy that year. So take that Todd.

In case you are wondering, I eventually forgave Todd for the poem incident and we went on to spend a lot of time in our 20's drinking beer in various bars around Lincoln Park in Chicago. A happy ending to what could have been a tragic story of a friendship derailed.

Anyway, Val and Todd live in Dallas and sometimes, when Val is in Austin on business, she spends the night at our house in our comfy guest room. Val is a rep for some beautiful clothing lines and she sells to some boutiques in Austin. Also she looks like a model which probably helps her to sell clothes. I always get to see beautiful clothes on the cutting edge of fashion when she comes to our house. She always brings a few bottles of wine that we help her drink which means we really look forward to her visits.

I am headed up to Oklahoma to spend a few days with my dad and to attend some meetings. Its a 7 hour drive so I should probably head up there soon. I will, of course, blog from Oklahoma because the Anna Nicole Smith situation is getting crazier by the minute and it requires a lot of commentary from me and my fabulous friend Steph.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yippeee! Safe trip Lizzy.