Friday, March 23, 2007

Uses for My Fabulous New Ring


My fabulous friend Liz was in Houston earlier this week (maybe you've seen her posts), and when she returned she brought back with her some fabulous gifts for me. A picture of the most fabulous gift can be found above. I can only imagine how much painstaking time (at least 5 minutes) it took for Liz to find this truly beautiful ring, not to mention the cost (which an appraiser told me is worth at least $2.24).


Not only is it a fabulous ring, but I also thought of several other uses for it:


  • Disco ball - perfect for any party I want to start at a moments' notice

  • Moon rock for a blind kid - I know you can't feel the ring - but I'm sure that I could trick a blind kid into thinking that it's a moon rock. I'm sure it would make their day.

  • The light thingy from Lord of the Rings that scares away spiders - that would be something of worth to my arachnophobe husband.

  • Weapon - if I hit someone just right, I'm sure it could cause a slight bruise.

  • Light reflector - if I wore it out in the dark, I bet cars would see me

  • Microphone - not sure it work, but if I glued it to a real microphone - it would be sparkly.

  • Card hood light for the Pufatufnik Police - you could see this coming from miles away, then all I'd need to do is stick my head out the window and make a siren noise.

I'm sure I could come up with several more wonderful uses for this fabulous gift, but for right now it makes a perfect ring. I bet most people think it's real.


1 comment:

Liz said...

haha you are so funny. I am glad you like the ring...I wore mine all day yesterday. And by the way, I paid nearly $6 for the ring (not counting my 10% off coupon at that store)! I don't skimp on gifts for my friends.