Saturday, December 30, 2006

Nigel Strikes Again


Nigel lounging to the left. Nigel sleeping in the photo below. He is so adorable for such a punk.





First of all, every morning between 4:30 - 6:00 am Nigel, my cat, wakes up and wants his packet of soft cat food. We keep a bowl of crunchy food on his perch all the time but in the morning he gets his soft food. If we don't get up to feed him on time he makes all kind of noise and does annoying things so we can't sleep. So, of course, either my husband, Jonathan, or I get up and feed him every morning ASAP so we can get back to sleep.

Lately Nigel has started humping my arm. Its very harmless because he was neutered when he was pretty young but its impossible to sleep through. It's very amusing to me that he won't do this to my arm when Jonathan is awake or if he thinks Jonathan can see him. If Jonathan, walks in while Nigel is having his way with my arm, the cat gets this very embarrassed look on his face and runs away.

Now you are probably wondering why I let my cat hump my arm. And the answer is that I usually don't. He always strikes when I am in bed and my arms are above the covers. A quick way to make him stop is to put my arms under the covers except that occasionally he gets really violent and sticks his paws under the covers and scratches at my arm until I pull an arm out. Also sometimes its too hot to keep my arms under the covers. He doesn't hump for very long so sometimes if I just want some sleep I have found its easier to let him do his thing and then I can go back to sleep.

The really funny part is that after he humps my arm he likes to hold onto my hand with his paws, licks it, nips at it, and cuddles with it. Actually maybe that is more creepy than funny.

This morning I got up and fed Nigel at 4:30 am and then I went back to sleep until 6am when Nigel decided he wanted someone to get up and play with him. He was being SO annoying...he grabbed my feet, scratched at the chair in the bedroom, rattled the shades, and did everything he could to wake us up. He was successful. I got up and moved to the guest bedroom so that my husband could get some sleep. Nigel, of course, followed me. I think he was trying to get me alone so he could have his way with my arm. Since I wanted to go back to sleep I let him pleasure himself and then he cuddled my arm and we both got some sleep.

Sometimes I think that Nigel thinks we are having some kind of torrid affair. It's like he thinks he is my little boyfriend. Jonathan and I joke about this and I think its hilarious. Jonathan thinks Nigel is a spoiled little punk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance we can get pictures of the actual humping?

Liz said...

I am happy to publish photos of the humping except that I can't really get a photo with one hand. Since Nigel ceases fornication when Jonathan comes in the room it's going to be hard to get a shot. However, in the event it's ever caught on film I will publish the dirty photos.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any other animals who also live in your house? Are they jealous of you and Nigel?