Saturday, December 30, 2006

Liz Loved The Good Shepherd - Go See This Movie!

I just returned from watching the movie, The Good Shepherd, with my fabulous friend Steph and our respective husbands. All I have to say is WOW. What a fantastic movie. I can't stop thinking about it. Its one of those movies that you leave and you aren't sure if you really got all of it. Many things in the movie are not what they seem and others are exactly what they seem. Figuring out which are which is half the fun.

Matt Damon was amazing in this movie and I hope he is nominated for an Oscar for his role. He really doesn't have that many lines but he conveys so much with his expressions. Its a very subtle role and he did an incredible job of letting viewers get to know his character and his motivation just by looking at his eyes. There was just so much going on in this movie that I am not sure I caught it all. I can't wait to see it again.

Movie viewing tip: The Good Shepherd is 3 hours long so if you don't want to miss any of the movie don't get the large soda. Sadly I made this mistake and had to leave the theater 3 times. My third bathroom break came at a really pivotal point near the end of the movie and I almost wet my pants because I really wanted to see a particular scene.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yes, I would agree - excellent movie. Loved all the mystery.